Bountiful Berry Sips Recipe
Served as a sweet appetizer or miniature dessert, these berry and wine infused sips will lend a touch of class and creativity to an engagement. —Donna Noel, Gray, Maine
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring strawberries and 1/2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until softened. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain and discard seeds and pulp.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and remaining water. Return strawberry puree to saucepan. Add the wine, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 4-6 minutes or until thickened. Stir in mint.
- 3. Cool to room temperature; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Serve in shot glasses. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/2 ounces: 45 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Bountiful Berry Sips
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC