Boston Lettuce Salad with Green Goddess Dressing
Spinach gives this luscious, fresh-tasting salad dressing its green color. The slightly licorice flavor from the tarragon complements the salad greens.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (1/2 cup dressing)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (green part only)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups Boston lettuce
- 4 radicchio leaves, torn
- 1 small cucumber, halved and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process for until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, radicchio, cucumber and tomatoes. Serve with dressing.
Nutrition Facts1 cup salad with 1 tablespoon dressing: 89 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 97mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Boston Lettuce & Tomato Salad with Green Goddess Dressing in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.