Boston Cream Pie with Chocolate Glaze Recipe
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1. Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Divide between two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Cover and refrigerate. In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a thick glaze; set aside.
- 4. To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with pudding. Top with the second cake layer. Spoon chocolate glaze over the top, allowing it to drip down sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Boston Cream Pie with Chocolate Glaze
"Swedeheart-- I'd love to have your F.F. recipe for Bav. Cream! 'Bet it's fantastic in this and other recipes."
"Made this tonight for my husband's birthday and we LOVED it. Very good."
"VERY GOOD and easy. =) It kind of fell over, but it was SO yummy! my brothers loved it."
"Okay... I made this today. I have mixed feelings. The directions will produce the same cake as pictured. True. The icing is okay. The cake okay. But the filling....YUCK! I mean that artificial vanilla pudding mix has such an artificial flavor! If there was a way to doctor up the filling, I would have given a more favorable comment. I will probably not make this again if I have use artificially flavored vanilla instant pudding as the filling."
"love it love it"