Boston Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 square (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons hot water
- 1. Mix cake according to package directions, add lemon extract to batter. Pour into a greased and floured 9-in. round cake pan. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, beat pudding mix and milk according to package directions; refrigerate. Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter. Stir in sugar until crumbly. Stir in hot water, 1 teaspoon at a time, until smooth. Split cake in half. Spread pudding on bottom layer. Place second layer over pudding. Pour chocolate glaze over top, letting it drizzle down the sides. Chill. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Boston Cream Cake
"made for very picky and opinionated boyfriend who has to be gluten free. used gf cake mix and it came out wonderful. he gives it 5 stars!! can't wait to make for family function."
"The only thing changed was we didn't have a box mix so my hubby made a yellow cake from scratch!! It was wonderful!! I will be letting him make this one again!!"