Borage Party Spread
Downy gray-green leaves and sky-blue star-shaped flowers make a delightful attraction in a garden. This herb is an annual and has a cucumber-like flavor. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- Snack bread, toasted English muffins or miniature bagels
- Young borage leaves (2 to 3 inches)
- Borage flowers, sepals removed, optional
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese, milk and garlic salt until smooth. Stir in the red pepper and carrot. Spread over bread. Garnish with borage leaves and flowers if desired.
Editor's NoteVerify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 102 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Borage Party Spread in Birds & Blooms April/May 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.