Borage Cucumber Salad Dressing
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup young borage leaves (2 to 3 inches)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Mixed salad greens
- Borage flowers, sepals removed, optional
- Place the first 11 ingredients in a blender or food processor. Cover and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. Drizzle over salad greens. Garnish with borage flowers if desired. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftover dressing.
Editor's NoteVerify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 99 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 25, 2014
We've grown borage for a number of years and this recipe is a great way to showcase its mild cucumber flavor. Although my husband and I enjoyed the recipe as it was printed, we liked it even better after I added fresh dill and chives.