There's nothing scary about making or eating these cute cookie pops. Take 'em to a school party or a fall bake sale, and they will be the star of the show!—Krissy Fossmeyer, Huntley, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 2 hours + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 ounces almond paste
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wooden skewers or lollipop sticks
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- Food coloring of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy; add almond paste. Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut out with floured 3-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Insert skewers or sticks. Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes or until firm. Let stand for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and milk. Gently spread icing over cooled cookies; allow to dry completely. Tint remaining icing with food coloring. Decorate as desired; allow icing to dry.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 203 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.