- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries*
- Additional butter or margarine, melted
- Additional sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat eggs. Blend in milk, butter, nutmeg and vanilla; pour into dry ingredients and mix just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar. (* If using frozen blueberries, rinse and pat dry before adding to batter.) Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forBonnie's Blueberry Muffins
"Taste is ok. But when we took them out of the muffin liners, they stuck the to paper and we had to eat them with a fork. Won't be making again. Maybe if I would have made them in a cake pan, it might have been ok . But I've also tasted better ones."
"I have been making these muffins since the recipe first came out in the magazine, and they are my favorite blueberry muffin recipe....I return to it time after time."
"These are absolutely perfect. The best blueberry muffin recipe ever. Once I tried it I quit looking for any other recipe. They also work great as dairy free. I just use almond milk and oil instead of milk and butter. They are not as rich but still fantastic."
"These muffins are so moist and freeze nicely."
"I had to make these tonight and I am so happy I did...Love them."
"These are great! They are moist and taste wonderful. Wold make again and again."
"To dense...more cakelike then muffins, taste was not bad..but won't make again."