Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew
This old-fashioned stew conveniently bakes in the oven, so I can put it together and forget about it.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
Makes6-8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon sugar, optional
- 1 pound fully cooked ring bologna
- In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Add tomatoes, sauerkraut, potatoes, caraway and sugar if desired; mix gently.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Cut bologna into 1-in. chunks; arrange over vegetables. Cover and bake 20 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 306 calories, 19g fat (6g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 878mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Bologna and Sauerkraut Stew in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.