Bold Citrus Shrimp Recipe
This is the only way my finicky teenagers will eat seafood. They love the robust citrus flavor of the skillet-prepared shrimp.—Suzanne Kesel, Cohocton, New York
- 2 pounds uncooked jumbo shrimp
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 4-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 tablespoon whole white peppercorns, crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1. Peel and devein shrimp, leaving the tails on. Butterfly each shrimp along the outside curve.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the lemon juice, lime juice, brown sugar and ginger. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. Stir in the jalapeno, lemon peel, lime peel, peppercorns and salt; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil. When cool, coat shrimp with sauce mixture.
- 3. In a large skillet, cook shrimp in remaining oil in batches over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 5 servings.
6 each: 298 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 221mg cholesterol, 573mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Bold Citrus Shrimp
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC