Bok Choy Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 head bok choy, finely chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles, broken
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine bok choy and green onions; set aside. Save seasoning packet from ramen noodles for another use. In a large skillet, saute the noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels in butter for 7 minutes or until browned. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Add to bok choy mixture.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 240 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 17, 2012
I could easily eat this salad at least once a week, and never get tired of it. --Anne Metzler, Riverton, WY
Apr 15, 2012
Amazing salad and so simple to make
Nov 3, 2011
My daughter and I have both made this salad several times, and it is always a big hit. The crunchy texture of the nuts and seeds together with the sweet-sour asian dressing are a delicious mix. I usually use napa cabbage instead of bok choy; it makes a better slaw. I like that the recipe does not use the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles, so there is no msg.
Sep 15, 2010
I add broccoli slaw to the salad. Excellent dressing!