Bok Choy Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 head bok choy, finely chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ramen noodles, broken
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- In a large bowl, combine bok choy and green onions; set aside. Save seasoning packet from ramen noodles for another use. In a large skillet, saute the noodles, almonds and sunflower kernels in butter for 7 minutes or until browned. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Add to bok choy mixture.
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Just before serving, drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 240 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 386mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 17, 2012
I could easily eat this salad at least once a week, and never get tired of it. --Anne Metzler, Riverton, WY
Apr 15, 2012
Amazing salad and so simple to make
Nov 3, 2011
My daughter and I have both made this salad several times, and it is always a big hit. The crunchy texture of the nuts and seeds together with the sweet-sour asian dressing are a delicious mix. I usually use napa cabbage instead of bok choy; it makes a better slaw. I like that the recipe does not use the seasoning packet from the ramen noodles, so there is no msg.
Sep 15, 2010
I add broccoli slaw to the salad. Excellent dressing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.