Bob’s Crab Cakes
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes8 crab cakes
- 2 slices day-old bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Add crab; mix gently. Form mixture into eight balls; flatten slightly. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the crab cakes in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 213 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 568mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 8, 2016
This is an easy and tasty recipe. I did add some garlic powder to the mix.
Jul 9, 2013
delicious. I lowered the glycemic index by using oatmeal instead of bread and added red and orange peppers. went great with brussel sprouts and cauliflower
Sep 14, 2011
Delicious and so easy. Makes exactly 8 patties which all fit into one skillet. Seems to be missing something though...maybe onion?
Mar 1, 2011
These are very good. My only complaint is the nutrition figures. They are NOT based on the exact recipe but on using substitutes. Figure them only on the recipe as written.
Mar 18, 2010
I cut the recipe in half and used salmon instead of crab. They turned out great - moist on the inside, crispy on the outside.
Mar 7, 2010
my mouth was watering for these,when I tasted them it lacked a lot of flavor and were overly moist hard to turn in the pan,easy to put together and cook
Dec 29, 2009
Good job Bob!