Teri Lindquist of Gurnee, Illinois gives a special treatment to canned peaches by filling them with a fluffy pink cream cheese mixture. "This light and pretty dessert is a family favorite that comes together in almost no time at all," she writes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) peach halves
- 8 lettuce leaves
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 8 maraschino cherries with stems
- Drain peaches, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. Place one peach half on each lettuce leaf. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, cherry juice and reserved peach juice. Stir in walnuts. Spoon into peach halves; top with cherries.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 205 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Blushing Peaches in Quick Cooking March/April 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.