Blushing Apple Cream Pie
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons red cinnamon candies
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 4-1/2 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1. In a bowl, combine first six ingredients. Add apples and stir gently to mix. Pour into a pastry-lined pie plate. Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Cut slits in top crust; place over apples. Seal and flute edges.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 50 minutes or until pastry is golden and apples are tender.
1 piece: 477 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 27, 2014
May 20, 2012
One of my favorites. I always double the filling and put in my deep dish pie. It's great!
Nov 27, 2010
This is one of my favorite recipes. The men folk say, "Very good"!
Oct 10, 2009
I thought this would have more of the taste of the red hots. It didn't, but it was very tasty and a little different.