- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 carton (6-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir the spreadable cheese and pureed tomatoes into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in lemon juice and remaining oil. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Drain pasta and serve with chicken mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlushing Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
"We loved this dish. I, too, couldn't find the garlic and herb spreadable cheese so I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and added 2tsps of minced garlic and 1 tsp onion powder to the tomatoes and cheese in the skillet. This almost tasted like chicken Parmesan. This will be in our regular rotation."
"Delicious! I couldn't find reduced fat garlic and herb spreadable cheese so I used the garden vegetable variety and added garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste,"
"We love this one! My family has requested it multiple times. Even my picky 6 year old asks for it."
"Everyone loved it! It's a keeper."
"I would definitely make this again, and have already recommended it to others."