Blushing Angel Hair Pasta with Chicken
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated angel hair pasta
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion, drained
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 carton (6-1/2 ounces) reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place tomatoes in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet, saute chicken in 2 tablespoons oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- Stir the spreadable cheese and pureed tomatoes into skillet. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-4 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in lemon juice and remaining oil. Return chicken to pan; heat through. Drain pasta and serve with chicken mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 571 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 151mg cholesterol, 742mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 48g protein.
Feb 6, 2018
We loved this dish. I, too, couldn't find the garlic and herb spreadable cheese so I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese and added 2tsps of minced garlic and 1 tsp onion powder to the tomatoes and cheese in the skillet. This almost tasted like Chicken Parmesan. This will be in our regular rotation.
Jul 28, 2014
Delicious! I couldn't find reduced fat garlic and herb spreadable cheese so I used the garden vegetable variety and added garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste,
Sep 6, 2013
We love this one! My family has requested it multiple times. Even my picky 6 year old asks for it.
Mar 6, 2013
Everyone loved it! It's a keeper.
Feb 23, 2013
I would definitely make this again, and have already recommended it to others.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.