Blues Burgers Recipe
If you like blue cheese, you'll love the flavorful surprise inside these moist hamburgers from Dee Dee Mitchell of Longmont, Colorado. "They're so filling that just a serving of tangy coleslaw on the side makes for a hearty meal."
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 onion rolls or hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a skillet, saute mushrooms in butter for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Set aside and keep warm. In a bowl, combine the beef and seasonings just until mixed. Shape into eight thin patties. Sprinkle half of the patties with blue cheese. Place remaining patties on top and press edges firmly to seal.Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 3 minutes on each side. Brush with some of the barbecue sauce. Grill 10-12 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning occasionally. Drain the mushrooms. Serve burgers on rolls topped with mushrooms. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 552 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 109mg cholesterol, 1128mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 43g protein.
Reviews for Blues Burgers
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC