- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon orange extract
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg yolk, milk, orange juice, butter, orange peel and extract; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter. Fold in blueberries.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Waffles
"I had about 1 1/2c of storebought blueberries left, so thought I would give this recipe a try. I garnished ours up with a scoop of light cool whip, then drizzled them with some failed strawberry freezer jam (very tasty as strawberry syrup though!). I love the hint of orange in these. I fresh squeezed it from the orange I zested. I have a 4 square waffle maker and mine made 8 nice waffles.I did mess up the recipe, but it seemed to work out ok, I misread the ingrdients as 1/2c each of the milk and oj, and it was actually 1/4c."
"Can you use blueberry pie filling with this?"
"you can always use frozen blueberries when it calls for fresh. no need to thaw or risnse, just pop them in."
"Can I use frozen blueberries?"