Blueberry Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, blueberries, cheese, almonds and sunflower kernels. In a blender, combine the oil, sugar, onion, vinegar and mustard; cover and process until blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 264 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
May 22, 2014
This is an absolutely wonderful salad! In fact, I was asked to make it for a barbeque on Memorial Day! It goes with almost everything!
Sep 2, 2013
Aug 31, 2011
This recipe is so easy yet looks and tastes like a salad you would order in a 5 star restaurant. I always get requests for this recipe whenever I serve it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.