Blueberry Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, blueberries, cheese, almonds and sunflower kernels. In a blender, combine the oil, sugar, onion, vinegar and mustard; cover and process until blended. Stir in poppy seeds. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 264 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 22, 2014
This is an absolutely wonderful salad! In fact, I was asked to make it for a barbeque on Memorial Day! It goes with almost everything!
Sep 2, 2013
Aug 31, 2011
This recipe is so easy yet looks and tastes like a salad you would order in a 5 star restaurant. I always get requests for this recipe whenever I serve it.