- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 2 tablespoons sugar. Gradually add flour and mix well. Press onto the bottom of a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping; spread mixture over crust. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir in blueberries and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Spoon topping over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forBlueberry Torte Squares
"Can these be made a day ahead of time, or is it better to make them the day of?"
"add 1 tsp vanilla to the blueberries!"
"How much cream did you whip? I don't like to use those "edible oil products"."
"Neufchatel is typically labeled "Light Cream Cheese" & found in the dairy section right next to the regular cream cheese."
"Sounds delicious. I've never seen neufchatel cheese where I live (don't even know what it is!). What can I use as a substitute?"
"I halved this recipe thinking I didn't need much for the potluck I was taking it to, but afterwards it was comletely gone. I whipped sweetened heavy cream instead of using cool whip and it was delicious!"
"I've made this recipe numerous times, and every time I make it everyone just loves it and can't get enough! It's also very refreshing. When I make it I use reduced fat in the cream cheese and the cool whip.Thank-you for sharing this one!Meta"
"EXCELLANT AND easy TOO!!!"
"I doubled the cool whip and the cream cheese and used low fat or light for these. After cooking the frozen blueberries they didn't smell great but then on the dessert they were fine."