- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Gradually add cream and lemon zest until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to pan; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Pour into four parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Cool.
- Drain blueberries, reserving juice. Spoon blueberries over custard. In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and blueberry juice until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Spoon over berries. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry-Topped Custard
"My 13 year old daughter made this on her own. We made some adjustments, such as replacing canned blueberries for fresh and we used skim milk instead of half and half. The end result was a 5-star rating from her father!"