Blueberry Tea Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whipped cream cheese, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in blueberries and orange peel. In another bowl, beat eggs; add milk and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Pour into a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with cream cheese if desired. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 154 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Tea Bread
"Used wild blueberries. To get the nice crunchy top, I sprinkled it heavily with raw sugar before baking. Watch the times, mine only needed about 50 mins and it was perfect. It would be good with lemon subbed for the orange as well."
"I have been making this for a few years now and it always gets compliments. I have substituted lemon rind for the orange and use 1 cup of wild blueberries. This recipes doubles very nicely. Yummy!"