Blueberry Streusel Scones
These rich scones make a perfect Easter treat to share. They are a bit sweeter than most scones and have a delectably tender crumb topping. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk together egg, cream and vanilla; add to crumb mixture, stirring just until moistened. Stir in blueberries. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- For streusel, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press gently onto scones.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-16 minutes. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 243 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Brown Sugar Streusel Scones in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018