Blueberry Streusel Scones
These rich scones make a perfect Easter treat to share. They are a bit sweeter than most scones and have a delectably tender crumb topping. —Teresa Ralston, New Albany, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Whisk together egg, cream and vanilla; add to crumb mixture, stirring just until moistened. Stir in blueberries. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- For streusel, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Press gently onto scones.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-16 minutes. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 scone: 243 calories, 12g fat (8g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.