- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg and milk. Add egg mixture and butter to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews forBlueberry Spice Muffins
"Those muffins were beautiful, I added oil for the butter."
"These are tasty,easy to prepare and a little jazzier then the everyday blueberry muffin."