"These nicely spiced blueberry muffins are a pleasant complement to an informal brunch or as a special treat for breakfast," notes Faye Hintz, a reader from Duarte, California.
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Combine egg and milk. Add egg mixture and butter to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Blueberry Spice Muffins in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p59
Reviews forBlueberry Spice Muffins
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2014
"Those muffins were beautiful, I added oil for the butter."
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2008
"These are tasty,easy to prepare and a little jazzier then the everyday blueberry muffin."