- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, gently toss the blueberries, 1/2 cup sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, lemon peel and nutmeg. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; pour into crust.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, vanilla and remaining sugar. Spoon over blueberry mixture. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Sour Cream Torte
"I have made Blueberry Torte for many, many years its a great dessert, but I noticed that on this recipe it does not say after cooking the bottom crust you need to continue putting the remaining crust mixture up the sides of the spring form pan. If I had not used another recipe it would be a little confusing after seeing the picture."
"I was very dissapointed in this recipe. It looked so delicious! I folllowed the recipe exactly and it did not set in the oven. I even cooked it an additional 30 minutes. What a waste of ingredients and time."