- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a bowl, whisk eggs and 3/4 cup milk; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; gently knead in the blueberries.
- Divide the dough in half. Pat each portion into an 8-in. circle; cut each into eight wedges. Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with remaining milk. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 16 scones.
Reviews forBlueberry Scones
"Scones turned out soft and flakey, but they were rather bland and definitely not sweet enough."
"I don't know what I did wrong but I followed the directions exactly and all I got was a very dry consistency that wouldn't hold together. 4 cups of flour seems way too much with only 3/4 cup milk. Should this have been only 2 cups like other recipes? I tried adding a little more milk but didn't help much. I mixed everything by hand and cut in the butter. Maybe using my mixer would have been better but I was afraid of over mixing. Ended up throwing it all away. Was so looking forward to these! This was my first recipe failure."
"Did a 1/2 batch because wasn't sure what a scone was. Used frozen blueberries and baked in oven since had power, came out great."
"Very yummy! I halved the recipe since there are only three of us, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. We ate them with lemon curd and it was a perfect combination! Thank you for sharing this great scone recipe!"
"I agree with another reviewer. I could not get all the flour to incorporate and because of this I could not knead it because it kept falling apart. It was tasteless and like gum. very disappointed, was going to serve at a brunch but it was terrible."
"Yummy recipe add any kind fruit chocolate chips anything really make it delious"
"I NEVER CHANGED A THING..MY FIRST TIME MAKING. DID JUST AS THEY SAID AND JUST THREW IN MY MIXER AND WOW THEY ARE AMAZING.. SAVED IN PINTEREST WILL MAKE AGAIN"
"This was really good! I have never made scones before and they were everything I had hoped they would be. I am definitely going to make this again and you could really make it your own by adding whatever you want. It was a little too many blueberries when it came to mixing I think next time I would do a cup. We also made a simple glaze for the top though they were perfect on their own!"
"Messy! I would have used dried blueberries"
"I love Starbucks blueberry scones and decided to make my own. I really like this recipe except maybe find a way to make them a tad sweeter. I added raw sugar on the milk wash before putting them in the oven for that added crunch that Bucks has. Either way, super easy recipe and delicious!! Will definitely make again!"