- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- BLUEBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda; add alternately with sour cream to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition. Fold in sausage and blueberries. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake tests done. For sauce, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Add water and blueberries. Cook and stir until thick and bubbly. Spoon over individual servings. Yield: 9-12 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry-Sausage Breakfast Cake
"Excellent! Everyone thought it sounded weird, but once they tried it, they loved it! I'm going to add more sausage next time.....the amount that it calls for doesn't give it enough sausage flavor. The way it is, there's just a hint of sausage.....I think it needs a little more!"
"I made this for Christmas brunch a couple of years ago and everyone loved it. I made it again this Christmas (2012) and loved it all the more! I made the sauce both times, which only adds to the flavor. FYI- I added a bit more water to the sauce to thin it out so it would go further. My company was a little late so more water was added and it didn't hurt it a bit. Love, love, love it!"
"I make this quite often for brunches of holidays. It is also good with plain syrup, as we run out of blueberry before the end of the pan."