Blueberry Ripple Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle half of the mixture into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions; spread over pecan mixture. Top with the blueberries and remaining pecan mixture; swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 272 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Aug 18, 2016
The only adjustments I made was to omit pecans and I used a full dry pint of fresh blueberries.I also used a greased and floured baking pan. I used the white cake mix alternative, using 4 egg whites, 1-1/4 cups water and 1/2 cup vegetable oil. I DID use about 3/4 of the crumb mixture for bottom of cake and the balance of crumb mixture and blueberries for the top!delowenstein, TOH Volunteer Field Editor
May 18, 2014
Everyone loved this! Super moist and the crust was perfect! This is going in my Favorites.
Jul 7, 2013
Excellent. I should have 'rippled' more..Used the egg white only recipe. I will def make again.
Aug 1, 2011
This recipe is addictive! We LOVE this! It's great for dessert or even for breakfast! A crowd pleaser for sure! :D
Feb 27, 2011
Sorry, this still tastes like a boxed cake. The topping was the only good thing. The topping on the bottom of the pan made for a mess while trying to get pieces out. There are lots better blueberry coffee cake recipes on this site.
Jun 21, 2010
I have made this yummy cake many times over the last several years, and it is always well-received! The bottom and topping have a wonderful cinnamon-sugar flavor. I top my guests' slices with a dollop of whipped cream. I use more frozen blueberries: 1-1/2 cups, in my cake. Also, I recommend using the egg whites recipe on the back of the cake box when you make your boxed white cake mix.-Lori in WI.
Jun 11, 2010
Very moist and tasty. Thinking of making it with chopped apples the next time.
Oct 8, 2009
This cake tastesd even better than it looks. When I made it, it turned out just like the picture. I hope I can do it again! It's a must try!
Jul 21, 2009
Very easy and very delicious.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.