Blueberry-Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups diced fresh or frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the rhubarb, sugar and flour. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Add pie filling.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over filling. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and rhubarb is tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor’s Notes: If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.
3/4 cup: 621 calories, 20g fat (12g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 108g carbohydrate (73g sugars, 6g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry-Rhubarb Crisp
"this recipe is already in my recipe box - a definite KEEPER! Only difference is, I baked in oven-I really wanted a crunchy oatmeal topping, I never bake in microwave. I prefered it served cold with vanilla ice cream on top. ABSOLUTELY YUMMY!"
"Love the rhubarb and blueberry combination. So easy to make!"