- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; trim pastry even with edge of plate. Beat the egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush over crust. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch, lemon peel, vanilla and cinnamon. Gently stir in the berries. Pour into the crust.
- Roll out the remaining pastry to fit top of pie; place over the filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in top. Brush with remaining water; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 40-50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Raspberry Pie
"I am so terribly sorry I used this recipe. I had picked a bunch of wonderfully delicious wild blueberries and had some raspberries from my garden, so I thought why not? I used the suggested amounts of lemon zest and cinnamon and they completely masked the flavor of the blueberries. RUINED IT. Next time I skip the additions and go with the straight wonderful fruit. I wasted an hour of berry picking and those beautiful blueberries with this crappy recipe."
"Absolutely the best pie I've ever made or tasted!"
"One if the best pies I've ever had. This was really easy to make and I had a lot of compliments on it."
"This is a fantastic pie"