- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 2-1/4 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook for 15-18 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 3 half-pints.
Reviews forBlueberry Preserves
"This should be 'Declared Illegal!' Done as 'Freezer Jam' you have no idea what "Good Eats" really means over Vanilla 'I Scream for Ice Cream.'"
"This should be 'Declared Illegal!' Done as 'Freezer Jam' you have no idea what "Good Eats" really means over Vanilla 'Scream.'"
"To remove air bubbles you can tap it on the counter gently or...preferred...run a skewer through it to pop the bubbles. and yes! I would definitely freeze this if canning isn't for you!"
"How do you "remove air bubbles" ??"
"This was AWESOME! It tastes just like Christmas in your mouth! I will have to make more, as it only makes a small batch! YUMMA!"
"I don't have the necessary canning supplies so I wonder if this could be frozen instead."
"there is not but one thing to say about this um um good"
"I have been making this for 30+ years and everyone who has ever tasted it has loved it."