- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pastry for a double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine blueberries, lemon juice and lemon peel. In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, cornstarch and cinnamon. Add to berries; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, on a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in. thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in. thick circle; cut into 1 in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 20-30 minutes more. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Pie
"this was the easiest pie I have ever made! we couldn't wait when it was done, so we ate it warm and it was very runny. I put it in the refrigerator overnight and it was perfect by morning - not runny at all and so delicious!"
"I prefer fruit pies that aren't too sweet. This sweet level of this pie was perfect. Loved every bite. The lemon really adds something."
"Very good recipe for blueberry pie!"
"will try it"
"Very good blueberry pie recipe.. My husband thinks its the best I've made."