Blueberry Pecan Scones
These scones are great any time of year using fresh or frozen blueberries. I serve them alone as a snack or as part of a meal.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and vanilla; add to crumb mixture. Stir in the blueberries, pecans and lemon zest just until moistened.
- Turn onto a floured surface, knead 6-8 times. Pat into an 8-in. circle; cut into eight wedges. Separate wedges and place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 261 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 452mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.