- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) instant vanilla pudding
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 4 cups pound cake, cut in 3/4-inch cubes (family-size frozen purchased cake is perfect)
- 2-1/2 cups fresh peeled and chopped peaches (could substitute nectarines)
- 2 cups fresh or dry-pack frozen blueberries, thawed, rinsed and well-drained
- Pretty glass bowl, 4-quart size
- Combine condensed milk, water and lemon rind in large bowl; mix well. Add pudding mix; beat until well-blended. Chill 5 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 cups pudding mixture into glass serving bowl; top with 1/2 of cake cubes, all the peaches, 1/2 of remaining pudding mixture, remaining cake cubes, then blueberries and remaining pudding mixture, spread to within 1 in. of edge of bowl. (You want the blueberries to show around the edge of bowl.) Chill at least 4 hours. Garnish, if desired, with a sprig of fresh mint. Yield: 20 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Peach Trifle
"I took this trifle to a party and everyone raved about it. It is delicious and easy to to make."
"I made this recipe when I had more than enough peaches. It is absolutely fabulous. I am going to try it with raspberries when the peaches are out of season. Truly delicious!"