- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup peach yogurt
- 2/3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries and orange zest.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Leftovers may be frozen. Yield: 8 muffins.
Reviews forBlueberry Peach Muffins
"I had a blueberry ingredient challenge this week and so today I made these muffins!I did adjust this recipe to make it doubled: 1/2 cup butter, 2/3 cup sugar, 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. salt, 1/2 tsp. baking soda, 3/4 cup Greek peach yogurt + about 2/3 cup buttermilk or milk soured with 1 Tbsp. vinegar, 1 pint fresh blueberries with 1/8 cup all-purpose flour and 1 Tbsp. ground Navel orange + I used about1/4 cup halved strawberries which I diced! The strawberries were left over from 8/4/14, so I decided to utilize them along with the blueberries! I cooled the muffins 10 minutes in the muffin pans before easing out onto wire racks with the assistance of a knife! I'd also baked 20 minutes at 375o F. I was able to get 23 muffins from this recipe DOUBLED!If I'd left as is, it's very possible that I'd get about 11 or 12 muffins, since I used more berries! These muffins came out very nicely and the yogurt and citrus peel combinations ARE endless, thanks to you, cooking4-2healthy! Thank you, Patricia Ford, for sharing your recipe! delowenstein"
"After seeing the reveiw & noticing the changes I decided to make these wonderful mufins with strawberry yogurt & lemon peel. YUM YUM! The yogurt & citrus peel combitnations are endless. These are very moist & extremely tasty muffins. With just the two of us I like the portion size too."
"Using what I had on hand, I substituted raspberry yogurt and lemon peel. These muffins were creamy and delicious! Will definitely make again!"