Why not usher in April with this delightfully creamy whipped dessert from our Test Kitchen? It's chock-full of the fresh, fruity goodness that hints of warmer weather and appeals to all ages.
Recommended: 32 Sweet and Tart Rhubarb Dessert Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, sugar, apple juice, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until peaches are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process peach mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, whip cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into peach mixture. In parfait glasses, alternately layer blueberries and cream mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Peach Fool in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p43