Blueberry Peach Fool
Why not usher in April with this delightfully creamy whipped dessert from our Test Kitchen? It's chock-full of the fresh, fruity goodness that hints of warmer weather and appeals to all ages.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed and chopped
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- In a small saucepan, combine the peaches, sugar, apple juice, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until peaches are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, process peach mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, whip cream until it begins to thicken. Add vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into peach mixture. In parfait glasses, alternately layer blueberries and cream mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 641 calories, 45g fat (27g saturated fat), 163mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 6g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Peach n Blueberry Fool in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.