- 3 cups complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir pancake mix and water just until moistened. In another bowl, toss blueberries with flour. Fold into batter.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Beat frosting ingredients until smooth; spread over cooled cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Pan-Cake with Maple Frosting
"This is a good substitute for an ordinary cake and is super easy to make. Very tasty. Ninety percent of the flavor comes from the frosting but I thought the pancake mix provided a good texture. While not as light as an ordinary cake, it does rise considerably while baking. Be aware of the high sugar content."