Blueberry-Orange Onion Salad
Blueberries combine nicely with oranges, onion and a tangy dressing to make this green salad really special. I like to take it when we go on family picnics. My 3-year old grandson always wants a second helping.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn salad greens
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 4 slices sweet onion, separated into rings
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- BLUEBERRY SOUR CREAM DRESSING:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed blueberries
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Arrange greens on four salad plates. Top with the orange slices and onion rings. Sprinkle with blueberries.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; stir until blended. Drizzle over salads. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 155 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry-Orange Onion Salad in Country Woman May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.