- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 cups cream-style cottage cheese, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour and brown sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 2-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a blender, cover and process cottage cheese until smooth.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl; beat in sugar. Beat in the flour, cream, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and salt. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 70-75 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and confectioners' sugar; spread over cheesecake. Garnish with blueberries and mint if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Orange Cheesecake
"Always a winner. Lighter than the usual cheesecakeCottage cheese makes it lighter. I use extra orange zest & oJ concentrate to make it more flavorful. Some folks don't like sour cream topping. Taste it before topping...A bit sweet."
"This is the perfect cheesecake! The light citrus-y taste coupled with the blueberries made this cheesecake the BEST! I made this cheesecake for my hubby's birthday 5 years ago because he hates traditional cakes. He's asked for it every year since."