This is definitely a "Wow, this is different!" smoothie. I had never thought to put oatmeal in a smoothie before, but after soaking, there is no stiffness to the oats at all! If using fresh blueberries, two or three ice cubes may be added to the blender to make a chillier treat.
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Oat Smoothies in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012 , p25