This is definatly a wake you up, "wow this is diffrent" smoothie, i had never thought to put oatmeal in one before, but after soaking, there is no stiffness to it at all! *if using fresh blueberries, 2 or 3 ice cubes may be added to make it a chilly treat*
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 219 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry maple oatmeal smoothie in Simple & Delicious June/July 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.