Blueberry Oat Bars Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, 1 cup sugar and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Reserve 2 cups for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine blueberries, cornstarch, lemon juice and remaining sugar. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Spread evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with the reserved crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2-1/2 to 3 dozen.
1 each: 104 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Oat Bars
"I used three cups of blueberries, two cups of butter, added 1 tsp of cinnamon and 1 tsp salt. Would probably decrease sugar a bit next time. I thought it was delicious with these changes and would definitely make it again."
"First time making these there was not enough blueberry mixture for a 13 x 9 so next time I used 3 cups of blueberries, 3 tbsp of cornstarch and juice and the amount was perfect - also substituted 1/4 of the sugar using organic coconut palm sugar - my husband loves these bars frozen!"
"I used an 8x8 pan (so of course ended up tossing a lot of the crumb mixture ??) but otherwise this recipe is fabulous!!! Will definitely make again!"
"AwfulI used fresh blueberries, and followed recipe exactlyNever again--"
"Can't seem to change my original one star rating. I'll give it 4 1/2 now. I needed to make more crumb mixture than what was called for. I added a bit of brown sugar, oats, flour and chopped walnuts to make the topping. Amount of blueberry mixture turned out to be perfect. I also used less sugar, about 3/4 of a cup total, for a less sweet taste. Really very good."
"I hope this comes out of the oven better than it went in. Followed recipe but with a bit less sugar. Not enough mixture for crumb topping, had to make more. Not enough blueberry mixture for the 9x13 pan. Wondering what I did differently from those that gave 5 stars? Yikes! We'll see about this."
"Everyone really likes this one and it can be frozen for a later use. Thaws out ready to serve!"
"Kids love these, even my youngest who claims he doesnt' like blueberries."
"Very easy to make it - and has already made them several times."
"This is my husbands favorite dessert. I can't tell you how many times over the years that I have made them. If I only have a few blueberries, I can easily half the recipe in a 8" pan. We like them best served cold from the fridge-and they cut easier too. Totally Yummy!"
"I have already make those recipe several times."
"These were the best. I'm ready to make my second batch!"
"Thanks! I can't wait to make these!"
"I love these bars!"