Blueberry Maple Sugar Pancakes
We use maple sugar made at our farm, Bonhomie Acres, in these pancakes, and then we top them with 100 percent maple syrup, too. The delicious flavor demands nothing less! —Katherine Brown, Fredericktown, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
Makes1 batch (about 2 cups mix)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 2/3 cup dried blueberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Transfer to a 1-pt. glass jar. Top with maple sugar; cover. Place dried blueberries in a small plastic bag; attach to jar. Store in a cool dry place or in a freezer up to 3 months.
- To prepare pancakes: Preheat lightly greased griddle over medium heat. In a small bowl, mix flour mixture and maple sugar. Whisk in eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown.
Nutrition Facts3 pancakes: 437 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 104mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Maple Sugar Pancakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018