We use maple sugar made at our farm, Bonhomie Acres, in these pancakes, and we top the pancakes with 100% maple syrup, too. The delicious flavor demands nothing less! —Katherine Brown, Fredericktown, Ohio
Recommended: Our Berriest Breakfasts
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup maple sugar
- 2/3 cup dried blueberries
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Transfer to a 1-pt. glass jar. Top with maple sugar; cover. Place dried blueberries in a small plastic bag; attach to jar. Store in a cool dry place or in a freezer up to 3 months.
- To prepare pancakes: Preheat lightly greased griddle over medium heat. In a small bowl, mix flour mixture and maple sugar. Whisk in eggs, milk and melted butter. Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Yield: 1 batch (about 2 cups mix).
Originally published as Blueberry Maple Sugar Pancakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018