- 4 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer blueberries, sugar and marshmallows. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, adding lemon peel before mixing batter; pour over marshmallows.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm with whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry-Lemon Upside-Down Cake
"It was a good dessert, just not lemony enough for me. I will make it again but with a few alterations. Super easy to make, but I found it lacking in lemon flavor even after doubling the grated lemon peel. Next time I will try adding some lemon juice to the blueberries to give them a kick and use parchment paper on the bottom of the pan since some of the blueberries remained in the pan. Not a big deal though, they were easy to scoop up and put back on the top. I used real whipped cream for the topping."
"Very tasty and easy! I only used about 1/4 cup of sugar and it was still plenty sweet for us, especially with the whipped topping. Next time I will probably add some more lemon peel. Thanks for the recipe!"