- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) lemon pie filling
- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 inches), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In a bowl, combine pie filling and yogurt. In a 3-1/2-qt. serving or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, lemon mixture and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with reserved blueberries, and lemon and mint if desired. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Lemon Trifle
"Was looking for a relatively "light" dessert option for after Christmas dinner and this was it! Using a suggestion from another reader, I added whipped topping between the layers. Followed the rest of the directions as written.It was very well received and definitely a lighter offering than traditional pies or cakes. Will absolutely make this one again."
"easy to assemble and soooo good! I used boxed instant pudding instead of canned lemon pudding."
"This was delicious. I made this for a work celebration right around Memorial Day and added strawberries to make it patriotic. Everyone loved it. Makes a lot."
"Have not made yet, but I agree with other reviewers, whip cream should go in between layers. The way this is, everyone would not get whip cream. Will rate again when I make."
"Very good. I make a similar one using poundcake and raspberries."
"Loved it. Used box pudding. Will try with strawberries and cheesecake pudding. Very easy and makes a ton"
"Never have I given bad review on anything but could not eat this. I thought same as other person regarding only whip cream on top and so put on each layer, but even still, the lemon was soooooooo strong could not eat at all. Gonna try diff recipe tomorrow."
"Sounds decadent but I have not made this ....however, all the Cool Whip is on the top. Having made trifles before not everyone will get a top serving thus no Cool Whip. Maybe another container used when layering would help everyone get Cool Whip in their serving."
"This was delicious and easy to make!!!"