- 3 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) lemon pie filling
- 2 cups (8 ounces) lemon yogurt
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Lemon slices and fresh mint, optional
- Set aside 1/4 cup blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, combine pie filling and yogurt.
- In a 3-1/2-qt. serving or trifle bowl, layer a third of the cake cubes, lemon mixture and blueberries. Repeat layers twice. Top with whipped topping. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Garnish with reserved blueberries, and lemon and mint if desired. Yield: 14 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Lemon Trifle
"Super excited to make this for Easter today! I have reread the recipe several times because people keep referring tp lemon pudding?? The recipe says to use pie filling so that is what I purchased. Will be back later to rate. Happy Easter All!"
"Cool Whip tastes like oily chemicals to me: nasty stuff! So instead I whipped fresh heavy cream, sweetened it lightly, folded in some lemon curd (I cheated and used store-bought because I found it super-cheap in the post-holidays sale last month). I saved a bit of plain whipped cream to top the trifle. Everyone loved it at an impromptu dinner over the weekend. Two-star rating with Cool Whip, 5 with real ingredients. Next time I think I'll use a basket or so of berries to make a fresh syrup to soak --- or at least moisten -- the angel food cubes to enhance color and flavor."
"Wish I can get it a place closeby-yummy-love berries-thanks for the recipe -hope I can find it in some type pf humungous place-so to say."
"Was looking for a relatively "light" dessert option for after Christmas dinner and this was it! Using a suggestion from another reader, I added whipped topping between the layers. Followed the rest of the directions as written.It was very well received and definitely a lighter offering than traditional pies or cakes. Will absolutely make this one again."
"easy to assemble and soooo good! I used boxed instant pudding instead of canned lemon pudding."
"This was delicious. I made this for a work celebration right around Memorial Day and added strawberries to make it patriotic. Everyone loved it. Makes a lot."
"Have not made yet, but I agree with other reviewers, whip cream should go in between layers. The way this is, everyone would not get whip cream. Will rate again when I make."
"Very good. I make a similar one using poundcake and raspberries."
"Loved it. Used box pudding. Will try with strawberries and cheesecake pudding. Very easy and makes a ton"
"Never have I given bad review on anything but could not eat this. I thought same as other person regarding only whip cream on top and so put on each layer, but even still, the lemon was soooooooo strong could not eat at all. Gonna try diff recipe tomorrow."