Blueberry Lemon Muffins
When my sister and I spent the night at our grandmother's house, we often requested these muffins for breakfast. Today, I bake them for my kids. The very aroma is a trip down memory lane. —Kris Michels,Walled Lake, Michigan
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk together the egg and sour cream; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full. Combine lemon zest and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Originally published as Blueberry Muffins in Easy Cooking for Diabetics
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.