Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- FRUIT LAYER:
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- CITRUS GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine the crust ingredients together until blended. Divide dough in half; press onto the bottom and up the sides of greased two 12-in. pizza pans or tart pans with removable bottoms.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool. Carefully remove one crust to round platter. Freeze the other crust for later use. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- In a large bowl, cream together cheese filling ingredients; spread on crust. Spread blueberries and kiwi on top of cheese layer in decorative pattern. Refrigerate.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan, combining all the glaze ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened; cool. Spread over fruit layer; refrigerate until serving time.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 256 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 3, 2015
It was easy to make and the glaze keeps the fruit fresh. I like to make it for the 4th of July with strawberries and blueberries. There isn't any left when I take it to potlucks. In a pinch I use store bought cookie dough for the crust.
Oct 11, 2011
This dish is DELICIOUS! It's wonderful as a summertime dessert :)