Blueberry Ice Cream Topping Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Ice cream
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the blueberries, water, sugar and salt; cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until the berries burst.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into hot blueberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemon juice, vanilla and cinnamon. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
2 tablespoons: 23 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Ice Cream Topping
"This recipe was delicious!!! I used frozen blueberries. My only caution with this recipe is that the frozen blueberries dyed our mouths/tongues a dark shade of blue, so it may not be the ideal dessert in certain settings. Thanks for the yummy recipe!"
"Tastes like blueberry pie ice cream. Very good!"